Just your standard inline text link with no modifiers. Font family, size, weight, etc are inherited from the parent.
Links can appear in a number of states: unvisited, visited, hovered, active, and focused. It’s hard to display these states visually while keeping this component accurate to reality, so we’ve set up a separate demo page to show all the link states in one place.
- Keep link text short, just a few words.
- The text in a link should be descriptive of the destination or offer some clear indication of where the link leads.
- You can use the
light-linksmixin for dark background where links require higher text contrast.
- Don’t use “click here” as link text.
- Don‘t use text links (the
hrefattribute should have a real URL, not
buttonelement. Buttons do things; links go places.
- Don’t use rel="nofollow" for internal links